ShopRunner Review

I have a free subscription to ShopRunner (https://www.shoprunner.com) through my Amex card.  I used it for the first time this week when I wanted to order a summer dress from Lord+Taylor.  The short story is that the whole experience sucked and I would have been pretty pissed if I paid for the ShopRunner service.  ShopRunner is supposed to give you free 2-day shipping (and returns) at participating stores.  Their 2-day shipping service mimics the two day Amazon Prime shipping. It took five days for my package to arrive from the date I ordered it.



Signing up for ShopRunner was pretty easy and having the annual fee waved with my Amex was simple.  ShopRunner usually costs $79 per month or $8.95 per month.  Unless you do a bunch of online shopping, I'm not sure if paying $79 per year would be worth it.  However, I see the $8.95 per month fee being worth it.  As long as you want to use 2-day shipping at a store at least once, the month's service will pay for itself.  During December, I can imagine having unlimited 2-day shipping can be a great deal for last minute Christmas shopping.

Most of the stores you can use ShopRunner at are kind of weird.  Some of the ones that stuck out to me as being useful are: AutoZone, Domino's (free delivery!), FTD (though I think their flowers always look cheap and you're better off ordering from a local florist), Neimen Marcus, and  newegg.

So the problem that I experience with ShopRunner is that I was under the impression that I would get 2-day shipping service that is similar to Amazon Prime.  However, unlike Amazon Prime, the order is not fullfilled by ShopRunner... it is fulfilled by the store itself.  In my case I ordered my dress at Lord+Taylor on May 16th but Lord+Taylor did not ship my package out until May 19th.  The packaged was shipped using 2-day shipping so it didn't arrive on my porch until the 21st.  I think the stores that you can use ShopRunner at are kind of a mixed bag in terms of quality of online service and therefore, I would not trust using ShopRunner to guarantee 2-day shipment.  In terms of department stores, you can imagine on one end Neiman Marcus would do an excellent job making sure you get your order in 2 days while with Lord+Taylor customer service is nonexistent and who knows what catastrophe might happen with your order. Because ShopRunner is not directly responsible for any part of fulfilling your order, if you have an issue with the shopping experience you can't complain about it because it really is out of their control. With Amazon on the other hand, you can speak with their customer service to resolve any issues.  If I were ShopRunner, I would be more selective when working with online store and select only those who are able to fulfill orders promptly.

ShopRunner can be used at the following:
  • 1st Wishes
  • Eerie
  • Alloy Apparel
  • AEO Factory
  • American Eagle Outfitters
  • American Giant
  • Anne Klein
  • AutoZone
  • BabiesRUs
  • Bare Necessitites
  • Bath Robe Shoppe
  • Beauty.com
  • Birthday Express
  • Blue Nile
  • Blue Sky Scrubs
  • Brooks Brothers
  • Buy Costumes
  • Calvin Klein
  • Celebrate Express
  • Chefs
  • Claire's
  • CoffeeForLess.com
  • Cole Haan
  • Costume Express
  • Dailylook
  • David's Cookies
  • Delias
  • Destination Kona Triathlon Store
  • Diesel
  • Domino's
  • drugstore.com
  • Eastern Mountain Sports
  • Easyspirit
  • eBags
  • eToys
  • Fanatics
  • FansEdge
  • FAO Schwarz
  • Fathead
  • Fogdog Sports
  • Franklin Covey
  • FTD
  • Geekorize
  • GNC
  • Gore Bike and Running Wear
  • Helly Hansen
  • Icing
  • Island Beach Gear
  • Jacobtime
  • Jewelers Wife
  • Jockey
  • Jomashop.com
  • Kenneth Cole
  • KULE
  • Lord + Taylor
  • MacMall
  • MLB.com
  • Moosejaw
  • Nascar.com
  • NBA Store
  • Neimen Marcus
  • newegg
  • NFL Shop
  • NHL Shop
  • Nine West
  • OLLY Kids Shoes
  • Online Shoes
  • Pennington and Bailes
  • Petsmart
  • RadioShack
  • Reeds Jewelers
  • Shoe.com
  • Shop PBS
  • Shoplet
  • sleepyheads.com
  • SOLE/Society
  • SPANX
  • Speedo
  • Tackle Direct
  • Taylor Made
  • The Organized Parent
  • The Perfume Spot
  • Tidy Nirvana
  • TigerDirect.com
  • TigerGPS
  • Timberland
  • Tommy Hilfiger
  • Toys R Us
  • WatchWear.com
  • Wilson Leather
  • Wireless Emporium
  • Worldwide Stereo